Home Forums Living Spaces Clothing Closets Who's the brain surgeon that decided laundry hampers should be for short people only?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  daylily 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

bretta

I have a large laundry, which just means more floor space to pile clothes. I’m looking for a tilt out style hamper cabinet to go under a counter that has 34″ of vertical clearance below it. Every hamper I find is 27″ tall, or less. Can someone point me to a wood cabinet that is a realistic height? For the life of me I can’t work out why all hampers are so short.
    Thanks!!! 🙂

daylily
    Participant

@bretta Not sure your location or price range, but I did see several tall tilt hampers at http://www.homedecorators.com (part of Home Depot I think) . It looked like they were between 27 and 32 inches tall. Or you may want to consider a DIY project for a custom fit??

bretta

@daylily Thanks for the tip, I found a couple that are 32″ or above, but I think I’m just going to build my own. The ones I found are 12-16″ deep, I’m going to custom build to take advantage of the full depth of the counter.

daylily
    Participant

Sounds like something to get your teeth into. 🙂 Then it will be just what you need. Do you have a plan for the tilting bins? I often look at premade things and also search online for DIY steps, though my projects have generally been very basic. Best of luck with your hampers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.