Home Forums Welcome Hello! Who's back?

This topic contains 69 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  Sky 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Netleigh

Just wondering who’s back on here as a few people seemed to find their logins wouldn’t work. You may be back with a new username?

luxcat

back, with same name.

Astreja
    Participant

I had to do a “forgot my password” reset that e-mailed me a temporary password, but then I could access my account and change the password. At first I couldn’t get in with either of the PW’s I’ve used on the forum, so maybe the forum software couldn’t import password info from the old forum.

Zora

Back. Still getting used to the new interface. Just finished death march editing Chinese soil chemistry paper written in garbled ESL where it wasn’t plagiarized. Whew!

Ingrid

I’m back, but with a new identity. Had an old, no longer valid mail address for retrieval of password so I had to unclutter candy and reinvent myself as Ingrid (which – as you may have guessed – is actually my real name).

clutterbug22

I managed to get back in after managing to find my new passwords (had tried to get new ones for a couple of days) and found them in my SPAM box (you’ve gotta laugh!!) So, if anyone is having a problem getting a return password, try looking in yours, saves having to start again with a new account. I think I did read in one of password reset replies that your old password couldn’t be automatically imported from the old forum to the new one, so like Astrega says above , you have to use a temporary password first and then re-set to your previous one if you want to keep that one.

So, big tip to those not receiving new passwords in a reply email – check your Spam Box!

With Klutzgrrl, not loving the new layout, still can’t fathom out who has posted recently easily and it doesn’t seem to update latest replies often.

sleepykitten

@clutterbug – “New Topics” is your best bet to find out what has been posted recently. It seems to be capturing everything for me (although sometimes things seem slightly out of order – might be an issue with how the software handles time zones?), and is near the upper left hand part of the page when you first log in.

Ingrid;n105147 wrote: I’m back, but with a new identity. Had an old, no longer valid mail address for retrieval of password so I had to unclutter candy and reinvent myself as Ingrid (which – as you may have guessed – is actually my real name).

, I’m back. and it’s nice to see another Ingrid, which is my real name too.

clutterbug22

I’ll try that. I think I have clicked on it before but there is so much to take in that I’m still not able to ‘automatically’ use the appropriate functions easily yet! Yes, I’ve also noticed the odd, out-of-order sequences, not sure what’s happening there and certainly doesn’t help when trying to see who’s posted lately!

Joless

I am back but not reading at the moment til they get the feeds sorted out. I hate reading forums ‘on site’ as t’were so I’m rather stranded for the time being. Missing the posts though!

Larousse__

I’m back! Tried yesterday and couldn’t use my old passwords, so I have just signed up again! Ditto those having a hard time with the new layout, it’s taken me ages to find what we were talking about before the site went offline! Hope we’ll get used to it fairly soon… meanwhile it’s nice to see you all again! πŸ˜€

The same thing happened to me. Finally found the reset link 30 mins before it was due to expire!

I’m back, with cluttered dashes added to my name and as a “junior member.” Sigh.

herisff

It took me a day and a password retrieval to get back. After getting blocked after trying for a 15 minute period, I gave up as my eyes had been dilated for a vision exam. Turns out the waiting was good, as it allowed me to keep my old username.

irishbell

Back, but not as often as it takes me too long to do anything here…

Erin Doland
    Keymaster

Just change your preferences for viewing. It sounds like you currently have them at descending. Choose ascending from the menu and the new comments will appear first. No scrolling (or at least a lot less) required.

juliapenguin

I’ve never posted that much but am a very keen reader – I’m also struggling to adapt to the new format as I think I’ll have to re-set lots of things before I can actually read things comfortably. I did love the old very minimalist format πŸ™‚ but it was obviously changed for a reason.

Erin Doland
    Keymaster

Yes, the forum was changed because of the complaints from users about how awful it was. I logged hundreds of complaints about the old system — too much spam, no private messaging, no ability to edit a post after you write it, no ability to comment directly to a poster instead of the entire thread, no way to like a post, no way to create groups, etc. When we hunted for a new system, we looked for one that solved as many of the complaints as we could that people had with the old system. So, thousands of dollars later and hundreds of hours later, we have the new forum that so many people demanded! πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I am slowly getting around, checking out the many features here. It’s unfamiliar territory but after awhile this will feel like home again! I see there are “share photos” options right in the post window! Yayy!

One thing I am trying to figure out, is if my computer is not working right or if the site is slow to load for anyone else. Internet xplorer stopped working or timed out a couple of times as I was trying to get my login and preferences set.

Erin, thanks for all of the hard work that went into putting this into place!

Erin Doland
    Keymaster

We’re working on the backend of the system today trying to solve some of the bugs we’ve found, so the Forum might experience some hiccups and slow downs. Sorry about any delays it might cause.

Ingrid

I think it’s looking good. I love that I’m able to jump directly to the new posts in a thread and not have to guess where I left off last time.

gailbon

I’m back with the same username, but also had to change my password. I am not love, love, loving the new format, but I will adjust. I definitely need some accountability with my decluttering, and this website forum has been a true catalyst for my success. Thanks, everyone!

PaulT00
    Participant

I’m back! I think I actually managed to sign in (same User ID, new password) before the official announcement about the forums being back. Having run a vbulletin based forum for a year or so a while back, I have a lot of sympathy for the team! Good luck with the spam filtering…

Netleigh

Erin, thanks for acknowledging you have some bugs to fix and also for letting us know there may be delays. I always prefer to manage the expectations of the system users I support at work before they have a chance to get into moaning mode.

glossta1

I’m back, same name. So pleased to see the forum back. This forum is life-changing for me, and I really missed it when it wasn’t there. Now I’m looking forward to getting to know how to use it fully in the new format. My thanks to the team who have made all this possible.

ChiFlower

Im back with the same name, although I’m a fairly new poster. I think in time I’ll get used to this format for a message board.

s

I’m back…and adapting VERY slowly.

Netleigh

There still seem to be some regulars missing, lottielot for example, I haven’t seen her here yet and I want to arrange a UK meetup again this spring. At least with the ability to Message each other with pm’s I won’t be putting up our meeting details publictly on the internet. I worried about spammers possibly being stalkers too!

Meglet

I’m back! Same userID, and I really need to get an avatar in.

Still getting used to the new forum layout, but somewhere in here I’m sure are the topics I’m looking for. πŸ™‚

clutterbug22

Where exactly can I find the viewing preferences menu? I have noticed the ascending/descending option somewhere in my travels but cannot recall where!

lottielot

Hello! *waves*
    Finally managed to navigate my way into a new password and into the maze which is the new forum. I’m sure it’ll get familiar, the old one was messy but you knew your way round it! Off to find the goals thread before March finishes.

Jackthetiger

Don’t forget to look for the private messages in your inbox! Click in the red number box at the top to see personal greetings from other users. That is a nice new feature!

TatiLie

I’m back, same name, not real picture πŸ™‚
    I’m not very good with changes so I thing this new layout will be good to my productivity AKF.

adragon

I am!

Not liking this new layout though – it’s so cluttered compared to the old one. I know the old forum had a lot of problems, and that we needed the upgrade, but I miss the old minimalist text-only look

*off to mess with layout controls*

happymonkey

I’m back — same name, new password. The new layout will take some getting used to, but I would miss reading everyone’s posts too much to quit!

ElbowRoom

I’m back and a wee bit lost but will work thru the new features. May not post much because of heavy work load for next few months but will be reading for eveyone’s great insights and those great shots of humor.

mh

Hello. Trying to figure out this new look. Can’t decide if I like it or not. Will keep reading.

Netleigh

Lottie, sent you a pm about keeping in touch for a UK meetup, have you seen it?

vjb

Back. Same name. πŸ™‚

Lounger

I’m back and I’m still Lounger. Getting inspired to get things sorted today.

loripax

I’m back, but very, very lost. I like the look a lot, but still trying to figure out how to do stuff. I think I will love it once I get used to it, but I can’t even figure out how to add an avatar, and I am by no means computer stupid.

ETA: figured out the avatar, obviously. Now to figure out the rest.

JuliaJayne

Here, and have been trying to shake off the awkward, cluttery feeling of the new forum.

Jackthetiger

Hi JuliaJayne. Good to see you back.

Sasjanep

I am back too, same username. And am slowly getting used to the new format. Am about to try the changes klutzgrrl suggested.

Northshore
    Participant

I’m back. I have been a regular reader, an infrequent poster. The new forum isn’t as convenient for me and I appreciate the hints. I really miss the old regulars and hope that everyone returns.

Barbs

I like the like button and the comment button. I haven’t tried the quote button yet but it looks cool. You should check out the messages. it is the red box next to your name.

Claycat

I’m here, and the photo is Angel and me.

Jackthetiger

Hi Claycat,

Lovely to see the real you and Miss Angel. She is a cute one.

lottielot

Yes, trying to work it out! Trying to work everything out! Need more coffee!

Netleigh

Lottie, hope the coffee hepls, sent you another pm for luck.

Claycat

Thanks, Jack! πŸ™‚

paisley

I have been off on vacation, but I am back with the same name. I am a bit lost, trying to find the threads I am after, but I hope to get the hang of it soon. Glad to see that so many people are back. I did miss the forum when it was down.

ElbowRoom

To Katha -I too found the Captcha not working for me. Tried repeatedly and did wrong each time. Thought perhaps it was me. But maybe it’s a bug. But once logged in (if you can solve that issue) the captcha fail doesn’t stop you from seeing activity because you are not blocked by it because you are in. (I think.)

djk

Captcha instructions tell you to type the two words. They do NOT tell you to type the two words as one word. Since Two words in a language have a space between them (otherwise they are ONE word), I tried it different ways repeatedly and after many attempts I finally got in, only for my password to not work. Then to request a new password I needed the captcha, again, which was a jolly hoot, again.

Back as “rocket_scientist” instead of “mad_scientist” because my old user login would not work and there was no response from the administrators. It’s okay, sometimes a clean slate is a wonderful thing.

Nina

back… but very lost. And as I am very busy with other non-uncluttering things I haven’t had the time or patience to look for the posts I used to follow.

Nora

I’m also back with my old name. Right now I find the new forums to be a lot more cluttered and complicated than the old ones. But I guess I’ll get used to it. I hope that the admins fix what’s broken so that the amount of entries picks back up. The forums were always a huge motivator for my decluttering efforts.

Boogie

Hi – I’m new, not back, so I thought I’d say hello on here.

I have constant battles with clutter – but I fight it all the time. Hope to get help and inspiration here. My worst clutter just now is the study and the back kitchen (utility room)

πŸ™‚

Charity

Hello,
    I’ve been AWOL for ages, too much life getting in the way, but an email about these new forums prompted me to get back. Not sure if I can figure this out though…

bonjovifan

Hello, I’m back with a new identity.
    Formerly “Boxroom”, I couldn’t get back into that account, so created a new one. Hello again Unclutterers, it’s so good to be back! πŸ˜€

Rosa

Hi Boxroom/Bonjovifan.

I’m back too but it turns out without someone else’s post to respond to, I don’t have much to say.

DirtyBoy

I am back but this new look is causing me the same anxiety that clutter does. I see it and all I can’t think is, “what a mess!” Where is the general forum?

Sky

I’m back. Same user name.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.