Home Forums Challenges Sentimental Clutter Wanted to share a story with you guys!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Swede 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Swede

I’m a firm believer in giving away all the things I no longer need and I trust that if/when I’m in need someone will return the favour… This week I got some proof and I wanted to share the story with you.

My grandfather was one of the main characters in a documentary made 2005 or so. I have it on VHS (recorded from when it aired the second time…) but as I no longer own a VHS player that seems rather pointless. My grandfather passed away last year and that documentary has been on my mind ever since. Last week I spent about an hour googling it (it got great reviews but it’s not for sale ANYWHERE) so I took a chance and sent out four emails to the TV channel who made it, a company that sells Swedish dvd’s and pretty much any place I could find that might have a clue on how I could buy myself a copy.

This week I got an email from the closed shop of the TV channel who made the documentary. The girl who emailed me said she was doing some last inventory as the shop has been closed for quite some time… and she had seen this dvd and had looked at the cover thinking about how beautiful it was and that she should re watch it. Shortly after that moment she had read my email.

She told me they only had one copy left and that it must have been meant for me. She added “isn’t life funny?” She wants to meet me next week to give it to me as a gift!!

I couldn’t be happier. This is something that will never be clutter in my life and it’s completely irreplaceable. I feel like this is good kharma being returned to me. Something I really needed right now. So yeah… Just thought I’d share my little story. πŸ™‚

ninakk

Wanted to share a story with you guys!

that is the kind of stuff we want to keep.

lottielot

That is very cool πŸ™‚

mnbookworm

Swede,

That is a wonderful story! And a great example of…because you have given away so freely, the things that you are supposed to have in your life find their way to you. So happy for you and thanks for sharing this with us!

liag

Beautiful completed circle–could easily be worked into a short (de Mauppassant?) story. Thanks for sharing.

sleepykitten

Love it! πŸ™‚

Charity

Lovely

Swede so happy for you! Like a little secret hug just for you.

adragon

That’s beautiful πŸ™‚

paisley

Oh, that really is wonderful! Very happy for you.

luxcat

wonderful and encouraging story- thank you for sharing!!

Wonderful story. It made me smile. So happy for you, Swede.

irishbell

karma and serendipity at its best!

bandicoot

serendipity, yes indeed!
    i love hearing things like that. thank you for sharing!

Joless

That’s cool. The ‘flow’ of stuff delivered what you needed at the right time. Awesome!

Irulan

That’s a beautiful story! I’m so glad you can access these memories of your grandfather. Kudos to the thoughtful TV-lady, too.

Swede

I’m glad you all liked the story! Meeting her this week to get my dvd. Think I’ll buy her some nice flowers as a thank you. πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.