Home Forums Challenges Sentimental Clutter Want to unclutter, but paralyzed

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Evan 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Evan
    Participant

I have read many, many books on uncluttering and minimalism, and watched every season of Hoarders in an attempt to motivate/scare myself into getting rid of stuff, but every time I try to do so I can’t manage to let go of anything. My biggest obstacles are feeling guilty about getting rid of items I paid for, not wanting to “waste” anything, and believing I should keep something because I’ll need it in the future. The crazy thing is that I am an avid DIYer and often really DO find good uses for the stuff I’ve squirrelled away, which has only reinforced my resistance to parting with things.

The past 2 weekends I’ve tried to clean out just 2 drawers, and have only been able to discard a few items. My house has bags scattered about with stuff I need to sort through from when I’ve “cleaned out” drawers in the past. I keep trying to start small, but I just keep failing miserably. I need all the help I can get. 🙁

Thanks in advance for any tips and guidance.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Evan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.