Home Forums Living Spaces Bathrooms Ultimate Solution for Bobby Pins

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nellieb 6 months ago.

• Author

ProAmorLegis

Bobby pins– you love them, you hate them, and unless you have a cute Aubrey Hepburn haircut you probably use them. They also probably fly all over your bathroom, in the drawers, on the counters, in the cabinets.

I wanted to share with y’all the perfect cost-effective (free, for me) way to store bobby pins in a way that’s easier to get at them without just keeping them all in a big bowl.

Empty McCormick spice bottles! The holes are the perfect size to shake bobby pins out; load them open side down into the bottle and shake away anytime you need a pin.

(see photos on my flickr:)
    1. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2524/4398983182_725593720f_m.jpg
    2. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2680/4398216061_c5cc70b1fe_m.jpg
    3. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4398214721_1799eeab59_m.jpg

For some reason this method actually makes me put my bobby pins away rather than using a bowl. Also, if you leave the lid off, you can easily get bobby pins out if you have one hand stuck to your head holding up your hair.

charmed2482

Ultimate Solution for Bobby Pins

Nope no Audry Hepburn hair and no Bobbie pins. I just put it a pony tail and go. But I don’t work in an office or anything, just retail.

bandicoot

i am a freak who has never even owned a bobby pin in my life.
    i just don’t have the relevant kind of hair.
    but the spice jar is a great solution.

actually, now i think about it, my hair is very uncluttered.
    i use shampoo and conditioner, a single comb for wet and a hairbrush for dry.
    i have the same hairbrush twice….one for home and a smaller one for travel….and i’ve owned them for over 20 years.
    i don’t use any product or a hair dryer and i’ve got dead straight hair that sits in it’s graduated bob in a well-behaved manner, when it is cut properly.

opadit

That’s a great idea! I keep ours in a teacup that has cracked a little too much for me to want to use it in the kitchen any more. But the spice bottle is portable!

startsmart

I use small glass bowl from the kitchen for my hair clips. Hair ties are on a ring and that’s what I use regularly. Never tried a spice bottle though!

bandicoot

i loooooooved her hair in sabrina!
    my face isn’t small enough or cute enough for it though.
    more power to ya!.
    what a lovely simple style to keep looking just perfect at all times.

silkee1213

I have big and little bobby pins. My solutions for the large pins is an old pharmacy bottle, and the little ones came with their own case from Sally Beauty supply.

nellieb

I use a small rectangular food storage container (with lid) for bobby pins (always need a few for when putting up one’s hair) and also barrettes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.