Home Forums Welcome Hello! new site? – not spam

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  xhan 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

poodle

I saw a comment somebody made a few weeks ago about us getting a new site, but I can’t find it. What’s going on?

Ella

new site? – not spam

Erin posted that a new format for the forum is in the works; see here:

https://unclutterer.com/discuss/topic/3-jan-2013-another-suggestion-to-reduce-spam

Erin Doland
    Keymaster

new site? – not spam

We have picked a new system, but it has a new version coming out in a few days. We want some other sites to use it for a week or two, find the bugs and quirks, and then we plan to implement it once those bugs have primarily been solved by the system’s developers. We were going to switch to it a couple weeks ago but then the company announced the new version so we decided to wait instead of having two changes back-to-back.

poodle

new site? – not spam

Thanks!

s

new site? – not spam

Thanks for the update, Erin! Will ALL the posts still be accessible and RSS-able?

mdfloyd

new site? – not spam

Thanks — I’ve been wondering myself!

Erin Doland
    Keymaster

new site? – not spam

s — That is the plan. We’re hoping it will be an upgrade, too, in terms of spam prevention.

Erin Doland
    Keymaster

new site? – not spam

Klutzgrrl — It’s not as simple, but I don’t find it overwhelming. We actually discussed the aesthetic in detail yesterday and we all agreed we prefer the look of the current system, but maintaining the current system _is_ overwhelming. However, like I said, it’s not horrible in appearance. It’s certainly not jarring. It’s streamlined enough for my standards, so I think everyone will find it good enough.

MichelleOhio

new site? – not spam

I’m looking forward to it…hope it has post jumpers. 😉

bandicoot

and here it is….in all its shiny new glory!

xhan
    Participant

huzzah! no more bbpress! 😎

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.