Home Forums Welcome Hello! Good 'mindset words' for Unclutterers

• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by  glossta1.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      glossta1

In the Goals January 2013 thread various members identified words that were important to them for the coming year. The words seemed so helpful that I wanted to bring them together, and so here they are, alphabetically:
      1. Capable
      2. Calm
      3. Change
      4. Clarity
      5. Completion
      6. Confidence
      7. Consistency
      8. Finish
      9. Flourish
      10. Focus
      11. Gracious
      12. Grateful
      13. Innovate
      14. Intentional
      15. Light-hearted
      16. Mindfulness
      17. More
      18. Organise
      19. Persevere
      20. Prioritise
      21. Restraint
      22. Walk
      23. Writing
      Is there a word that is important for you in your pursuit of a purposeful but uncluttered life?

djk

Good 'mindset words' for Unclutterers

thanks for posting this, glossta1! this one-word idea as an overarching theme has been much on my mind since reading about it on another blog then here. I am still pondering which word I want to go with. I can relate to all of them!

Ella

Glossta1: I love that list, thank you for posting it again. I’d like to add another word for myself: Balance.

sleepykitten

I love all these words – like @djk, I have a tough time picking just one. I went with “confidence”, but I’ve actually been using everyone’s words depending on the scenario. Just thinking about positive words is helpful.

glossta1

That’s a nice one too Ella. Like Sleepykitten, I find all these positive words helpful at different times and in different ways.

glossta1

I can’t find a single word for that either. Acceptance, or the currently trendy ‘chill’, maybe. I had a friend who used to advise ‘sit lightly to it’, which I quite like and still use – I guess it comes from riding a difficult horse.

clutterbug22

ataylor,
      I’ve found that phrase useful whilst potentially dwelling on something that has annoyed or upset me especially when someone has cut me up whilst driving! Nice to have that ‘visual’ reminder from the movie.

clutterbug22

2 phrases that I’ve been using to back up my Year Word of ‘Finish’ are ‘Do it quickly’ and ‘Get it done early’.

I’ve found that sometimes I can take too long getting a task done, perhaps a bit of perfectionism there, so trying to remember this phrase to get something done quickly rather than let the task extend for ever and ever.

Obviously getting started on a task early rather than leave it to the last minute decreases stress and potential for mistakes and rushing around wishing I’d finished something earlier rather than scrabbling around in a tizz at the eleventh hour!

irishbell

grateful, light heartedness, mindfulness, perseverance
      love love love these!

gailbon

Patience and knowledge. Letting stuff go is pretty easy for me, but I need to be more patient with my family. And knowledge on how to approach the process is what I have gained from reading posts on this website. Thank you!

Barbs

I think there are 2 mindsets I will be trying to work on for a while. “Balance” and “Mindfulness”.

liag

self-esteem, moving on ability, persistence.

Lounger

This has reminded me that I often tell myself to ‘Be bothered’, in very quick response to the ‘Can’t be bothered’ inclination.

Come in and nearly chuck coat on back of chair? ‘Be bothered’ and the coat is in the wardrobe. Same with washing up, dealing with paperwork as it comes in, all those niggly little things that can result in clutter.

sleepykitten

I like that, @Lounger! Similarly, maybe “respect” (like, respect yourself and your home enough to keep it tidy) or “care”.

bandicoot

ataylor, maybe the word you are looking for is “release”?

another word i like to keep lightly in mind: breathe.

@ataylor would ‘detach’ like the opposite to ‘attach’ work? Not holding on to everything and anything.

Mine is a bit similar: minimalism

liag

How about “liberation”…” “catharsis”…”shedding”…”levity”…”lightness”?

ChiFlower

Simplify.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.