Home Forums Challenges A Thing A Day (ATAD) FATAD March 2013

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Jean 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Astreja
    Participant

Continued from here. Fix broken stuff and unclutter your to-do lists!

Astreja
    Participant

FATAD March 2013

Tonight Red and I laid the last few floor tiles in the mudporch, except for 2 or 3 tiles that cross the doorway into the kitchen. (No underlay installed on the kitchen side yet.)

Unfortunately we had two, count ’em, two feline invaders who took it upon themselves to scamper across the wet adhesive. One even scaled a barrier we had put up to keep them away. Kitty-cat feet promptly washed, much to the chagrin of the kitty cats who owned said feet.

FATAD March 2013

Fixed a gate spring that sproinged overnight.

clutterbug22

FATAD March 2013

Secret Squirrel,

Oh, that sounds good, no more dealing with cleaning off mildew for you, I hope!
    Which reminds me, I hadn’t posted my FATAD that I did the other week – painting the bathroom ceiling with anti damp paint. Hope it works.

Astreja
    Participant

FATAD March 2013

Today we painted the bathroom door and cut and installed most of the baseboard for the mudporch.

Mimi

FATAD March 2013

i fixed some more tasks for my dad, worked 3 hours on saturday and also 3 hours on sunday to get this done.

this week i will focus on my tasks again. today (finally!) i made a backup of my laptop, haven´t done this for 6 month and i am so glad that my old laptop survived, it is from 2007 and will be retired soon.
    this week i plan to
    – get appointments at two doctors for checkups that have to be done.
    – terminate two contracts (sports club and online tv)
    – order medicine (have to check the prices online)
    – decide which new laptop i will buy
    – fill out the ESTA form to be allowed to travel to the USA. this will be the last fix to stay motivated with the rest. i am soooo looking forward to my journey!

FATAD March 2013

While I was out of town DH installed one of the garage door sweeps — and actually swept all the blown-in leaves out of the garage. I am stunned and grateful. The other sweep will get installed this coming weekend. Makes all the difference in keeping dirt and debris out.

lucy1965

FATAD March 2013

Neighbors B. and V. came by yesterday; they brought a bottle of prosecco to go with the lemon/poppyseed cake and berries, and our tour of their house (they have finished renovations) was cheerfully tipsy. Work will commence on our place on Thursday, so I will be spending the next three days emptying the pantry and space near DH’s office as far as possible. Yay!

Astreja
    Participant

FATAD March 2013

Finally hung the mirror in the downstairs bathroom (and repaired a few scratches on the wall — The mounting hardware went for a bit of a scrape as I was moving the mirror into position).

Astreja
    Participant

We finally have trim around the inside of the back door! I had to shim the door frame with custom-cut strips of clear pine to make it come out as far as the inside wall, as we had thickened the wall to allow for more insulation. Once that was done, it was comparatively easy to put on some standard trim strips.

I also did a modification on the 2 Ikea tables that I use as a desk. They’re at right angles, making an “L,” and one of the table legs was right where I wanted to put my feet. I fastened the tables together with brackets, then moved the table leg to a better location.

Trimmed a frayed part of carpet in the corner of playroom 2. Tightened the screws on the cubby door before it fell off.

Finally got the second garage door sweep installed, Filling that gap between the doors and the floor makes all the difference in keeping leaves and other debris out of the garage.

clutterbug22

How are your ‘crop’ of acorns going? have you got rid of them yet! 🙂

Clutterbug, I bet there are still THOUSANDS of acorns in the front yard. Tried to order one of those nut rollers through a local farm store, but it didn’t pan out. Bit by bit, they are going . . . another hour or so today devoted to leaves and acorns, acorns and leaves. The good news is that the weather is glorious — maybe in the 80s today with bright blue skies — so it should be pleasant.

hybrik

Not my repair per see, but I just received my swiss army knife / keychain from the company. I sent it back two week ago to have the scales repaired after they both fell apart. Not only did they replace the scales, but they upgraded the LED flashlight to the new, brighter model.

On their website it’s stated that you must pay a 5$ fee for warranty repair, but they did mine free. Yay for excellent customer service. Turnaroud was little bit less than two weeks, including shipping time.

I was originally planning to buy a new one after it broke, but I love to repair something I already own, instead of buying new. Better for the environment too.

clutterbug22

I recall you thinking about the acquiring the interestingly named ‘Nut Wizard’ or something like that, the name had made me laugh! At least you’ll have good weather with which to round them up!

Astreja
    Participant

Today we finished installing and painting the baseboard in the mudporch, and moved the freezer back there. We’re now officially in the front part of the kitchen, removing some trim in one corner so that we can start installing underlay for the floor.

hybrik

Did the oil change on the truck, and worked a bit on the car too. Everything is back on the car, after a blown head gasket, whose repair has been delayed by my mid-term exams and papers, a bad case of the flu during our mid-term break, followed by a bronchitis the week after. Now I only the need the BF to come and work his magic on the timing (which I do not know how to do…yet) to have a fully running car.

luxcat

perhaps hire a large pack of squirrels?

glossta1

Posting on here for Jean, whose favourite thread this is, but an advanced search hasn’t made it visible to her. Other than searching, how can she access it? I sent her a reply to look in Challenges. Jean, when you post here we’ll know you found it!

Jean

I’m here!

I looked in the categories that are underneath “Challenges” instead of clicking on the word itself. And, I may add, the word does not look like it is a link.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.