Home Forums Professional Organizers Working with a Professional Organizer Eeek! Jumping off the deep end.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Claycat 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Scarlet

I just spoke to and made an appointment with a professional organizer for next Friday (May 18).

I guess I better make sure there’s room in my living room to actually have another person in and working before then. Funny to have a deadline to clean before I can start cleaning. I’m very excited, actually, and I think the push will be very good for me. I’m also not going to stress myself out getting things done before then, just enough to make sure we have the room to be productive.

I resolve to post to ATAD every day between now and then.

PJ

Eeek! Jumping off the deep end.

My guess is that you will love it! I know I did when my professional organizer friend worked with me for a couple of days a few years back. Keep us posted!

Swede

I think it’s a good idea focusing on getting it good enough to work in and not stress yourself out. Good luck (you can do it) and keep us updated! 🙂

Netleigh

Scarlet, I’m dying to hear how the work with the organiser goes. Do report back. If they were common in the UK I think I could do with one to give me the proverbial kick up the behind when I loose uncluttering momentum.

bandicoot

i think it is a great idea to call in an impartial professional for a kickstart or extra help or tricky spots or whatever.
    please let us know how it went?

bandicoot

Sky

Scarlett, I am so jealous! Can’t wait to hear how the organizing goes.

poodle

I always thought about being a professional organizer. When I was in college, I organized a friend’s room. She had stuff everywhere, and when she did have things put together, they didn’t ‘go’. I did her whole room in about an hour, and she sat on her bed completely dumbstruck. She was amazed how it looked and felt after.

I don’t live in an area where there’s a lot of demand for one. There’s only 1 company in our phone book. And, not knowing what the financial security would be with that, I took the safe road and got a Mon-Fri, 40 hour a week job. Another thing that kept me from it, I didn’t know what kind of school or training would be required. I was trying to get out of college, and I wasn’t interested in possibly going back for any certification. Maybe one day.

Claycat

Scarlet, that sounds great! Let us know how it goes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.