Home Forums Welcome Hello! Confused with the Hello Forum

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  StillPJ 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Marina

Hi, i just joined Unclutterer. I started to get to know the foruns and thought i should better start with the “Hello” one, but it is so confusing because there are a lot of topics there that don’t have anything to do with the forum. Is there a place where i can introduce myself or is this unecessary? Thanks!

ottawa

The Forum used to be easy to follow because there was no index – people entered the topics they were interested in and everything went from there. The Forum was reorganized to follow the chapter headings in Erin’s book and everything went downhill from there. (adding to the problem was a program change.) There were many people on the forum, following their own interests, and it was a great place to be but almost all of the regulars have gone elsewhere, because they didn’t like the new format.

Marina

Where did everybody go? Tell me so i can join! Lol…. really, i just want to discuss minimalism and other estuff, but there seems to be very little action and some things dont really work well enough….

ottawa

If they had said where they were going, I would have joined them. It’s obvious you have guessed why they left. There appears to be just Daylily and I left from the old gang. I just use the Forum as a personal blog/reminder, to force myself to actually buckle down and do things. It works for me but I doubt it inspires anyone else. To give Erin her due, she was really trying to make things better but her choice of new program/system experts managed to change their system in mid-changeover and the entire thing is now a great mess.

sleepykitten

ottawa/britannia(?) – I’m one of the “old regulars” and I just stopped by (for the first time in months, just to see how things were going over here and get some extra motivation for 2014) and just happened to see your post. I sent you a private message to say hello. If you are logged in, there should be a place to click by your user name to see it. – sleepykitten

Jacquie

Me too. I used to lurke a lot, post occasionally, and get lots of ideas and support from the old forum. Since its new look I doubt if I’ve looked more than half a dozen times. It’s sort of sparse, clinical and I guess, *uncluttered*, but it’s not user friendly and welcoming like the old style one was. I too wish I knew where all the other regulars have gone to, and hope that not too many have slipped back into clutter without the group’s support and advice.

daylily
    Participant

I found it all confusing until I decided that I would only focus on ATAD and What’s New. That way I do not get “lost”.

StillPJ
    Participant

Another old regular checking in …

I used to be PJ, but because my account got lost in the changeover, now I’m “StillPJ”

If anyone else from the past is “StillAround” or “CheckingInOccasionally”, you might find me in the Challenges section trying to re-start doing ATAD and/or FATAD.*

For any new readers, ATAD is “A Thing a Day” – trying to get rid of one thing from your house each day, and FATAD is “Fix a Thing a Day” – when you try to get one thing from your to-do list done each day. When the forums were more active, these were some of the most active threads, and we had a hugely inspirational series of posts as people made real progress on getting uncluttered.

As Ottawa said, probably won’t be all that inspirational if it’s just me, but anyone (old member or new visitor) is welcome to join me! And if not, hopefully it will still help me with my own accountability.

StillPJ

*p.s. Old friends, I also checked off to be notified of replies to this thread, so reply here too, so we can keep track of who visits from time to time!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.