Home Forums Challenges A Thing A Day (ATAD) ATAD October

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  daylily 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

ottawa

I’m just opening up the topic for those with the urge to unclutter. I’ll be posting myself towards the end of the month.

ottawa

I threw out a pair of sandals on which the sole was flapping. I had replaced them two months ago but kept them for gardening. Gardening is now over so out they go.

daylily
    Participant

Doing the bi-annual clothing switch and finally decided to get rid of all clothing that is more than one size down. I am working on balancing a lot of different things right now and trying to drop 2 or more sizes is not a priority. Goodwill is going to get a nice big bag of clothes in excellent condition — the initial motivation was getting rid of shoes that no longer fit. I am keeping the one size down as motivation to keep making healthy choices. It is nice to have less and to really like most of what I have. (Some things are too functional to get rid of.)

Funny to hear about the flappy garden shoes – how did you avoid tripping?

ottawa

It was only flapping in the front, outside edge, not all the way across. I thought it would last the gardening season and it did.

I’m logging in for the first time in months! I’ve got SO MUCH to unclutter – groan – but at least I put a bunch of old magazines and shredded paper in the recycle bin today.

ottawa

Good to have you back, Letthegood times roll. It was getting pretty lonely with just Daylily and me here.

daylily
    Participant

Out 3 knit tops that have seen better days, 4 paperbacks and one Wine carrier bag because I am not in the habit of carrying our wine around. 🙂 Also out – 7 paper bags full of a friend’s newspapers….she will recycle them, but only when strongly encouraged to do so. Neat stack of 3 days worth left by her sofa. Her clutter tendencies help me to stay strong with keeping the flow going out my door.

daylily
    Participant

LGTR – getting rid of unwanted paper just feels good. 🙂 Look forward to cheering you on.

ottawa

Not really uncluttering but I declared summer over and put the two fans and the fan table back in my storage locker for the winter.

Off my very cluttered TO DO list: reservations at 5 hotels for a road trip to CA in January. Have to reserve early, because I need a wheelchair accessible room.

ottawa

OUT: 1 mitten and 3 unmatched gloves to the garbage. 3 pairs of mittens, 3 wooly hats, 2 purses, 2 passport holders, 1 plastic berry basket and 1 small plastic cup w/lid to Salvation Army.
    IN: 1 kindle, 1 small metal cup w/lid for travel and 1 2014 calendar.

daylily
    Participant

Out 3 sweaters, 1 pair of pants, 7 paperback books, old knee brace (kept for Justin Case for 10 years.) Also out (to compost bin) frost nipped tomato plants and coleus plants.
    In 1 bag of candy and 1 bag of pretzel packs for trick-or-treaters next Thursday…..Note to self – do not open early!

ottawa

I didn’t OUT anything this week but it was still a good week. I had intended to take a zillion books to the Friends of the Farm book sale drop-off but it rained on the day and I didn’t fancy dragging my shopping wheelie for a mile in the rain, especially after riding two buses to get there, so they’ll have go wait for next year’s drop-off. I moved the chair from my balcony to my storage locker for the winter (it snowed a small bit Tuesday night). I bought 2 pairs of winter socks, a book on Windows XP and a book on Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies. Despite the XP book, I still couldn’t get my computer to work properly so I called in my computer guru, who fixed the computer and set me up with a router to make Kindle work. That’s two projects down so I’m happy. I just need to work on the other 12 projects on my list, half of which have been there since January.

daylily
    Participant

Out a whole bag of candy and a whole bag of pretzels (minus 2 packs for lunches tomorrow.) 64 trick or treaters this evening with lovely warm (67*) weather for sitting out with the pumpkins handing it out. Very pleasant this year. @ Ottawa – thank for thinking ahead and setting up November’s ATAD. It is appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.