Home Forums Challenges A Thing A Day (ATAD) ATAD May

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ottawa 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

sash

Since the website change, the ATAD thread seems to have fallen off the wayside. I initially joined unclutterer for this, I love the people who post here, and it keeps me accountable. So even though its mid-May, I’m bringing it back.

Out today: Letter to bank
    Partial out: Internet connection USB (must transfer ownership independently)

pamster

Good for you to step out and bring it back. I miss it, too. I haven’t posted before but here it goes!

Out: Dropped off 2 Xbox games at UPS for Amazon Trade-in account credit.

I guess that wasn’t so hard after all.

A book into the donation bag …

sash

One huge bag of assorted things to mom’s handyman, including:
    – Packet of construction paper
    – Large ziplock bag of chalk
    – Free 12 pack of color pencils
    – Tissue box holder (a box to hold a box- save me!)
    – Some assorted jewelry
    I’m sure there were other things, but I can’t remember them. Mom has also agreed to let the stash of paper and plastic bags go, so one large paper bag out. We’re really on the right track as a family to unclutter right now!

pamster

Sash – I like to keep plastic bags, too. My husband sneaks (or should I say takes them out without me nagging him!) them out to the garbage every so often.

We’ve been uncluttering for about a year thanks to this website which keeps me motivated. A neighborhood yard sale is coming up this weekend; I’ll be interested to see if the attendance numbers are the same as last year’s number (which was quite large).

To the post office: Professional photos of the kids to their grandparents. That darn box had been sitting on my counter for way too long.

Sky

I’ve missed atad!

Out:
    punch bowl and cups
    2 paper towel holders
    5 pairs pantyhose, never opened
    fleece top
    pair of shoes
    sewing basket
    wooden thing with nails on it to put apples and greenery with a pineapple on top at Christmas. It’s a Williamsburg thing.
    2 sectioned glass bowls
    6 small pyrex bowls

pamster

Out: a short wave radio my mom and dad bought me when I was 16 years old so I could pick up French Canadian radio stations from Wisconsin. (I was in love with anything French and was learning the language.)

Sky

Out Let, ATAD stands for….a thing a day.

pamster

Out: – A broken watch
    – VHS version of Clue

OceannHsueh

A free wedding dress

pamster

a package of Lapsang Souchong tea. Although I enjoy foods and drinks of all sorts, I’m pretty sure my taste buds could never get used to that smokiness!

pamster

A package of lapsang souchong tea. I enjoy most food and drink but I doubt my taste buds could get used to that smokiness!

daylily
    Participant

Hi, Just jumping in for the first time…. My ATAD is a bankers box full of paperbacks to the local thrift. I have always kept a donate box in the “office” but am now trying to use it daily. Also uncluttered bottom kitchen cabinet of 4 large plastic bowls and 8 placemats.

Took four bags of toys and clothes to Goodwill. Earlier this week I freecycled four metal brackets that I’d bought from Home Depot but never used.

ottawa

I used to be britannia but had to change my name because of the #$^&$^$%^*&^& format change. I had given up on the Forum but have decided to come back because I stopped being an Unclutterer (my head hangs in shame).

To Salvation Army: 1 cloth bag, 1 bath mat, 2 eyeglasses cases, 2 hand weights,1 change purse, 1 luggage strap, 1 pin cushion, 1 pillow case.

Lost on vacation in England: 1 pair of prescription glasses (but I managed to buy a pair of 2.5 magnifier glasses that work just as well).

ottawa

Forgot to mention three measuring cups to the Salvation Army.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.