Home Forums Challenges A Thing A Day (ATAD) ATAD March 2013

This topic contains 121 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  ninakk 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

ninakk

A Thing A Day, moving into March from February:
    https://unclutterer.com/discuss/topic/atad-february-2013

ninakk

ATAD March 2013

The first stuff of this month to get recycled is a nice little pile of paper.

sash

ATAD March 2013

Happy March everyone!
    Another test out today (number 10!)
    One empty bottle of medicines and some expired vitamins
    One tub of body butter finished

Barbs

ATAD March 2013

to Outbox:
    1 weird foam thing that fits in car cupholder to hold cellphone.

mdfloyd

ATAD March 2013

Out: Old paper shredder whose motor I managed to burn out last night.
    In: Superduper whizbang new paper shredder.

Swede

ATAD March 2013

Out: Donations dropped off. Posted about half of all of my postcards to a collector, used up my last stamps and a random large envelope. Still have too many postcards, collected them when I was a teenager. But I make an effort of using them now. Also packed up a bunch of make up I do not use to send to this unemployed single mom. She thinks she will pay us (it’s make up from my friend as well) a small bit of money for it, but I just finished writing a card saying it’s a gift. Random acts of kindness y’all! 🙂 Read and recycled a magazine.

In: Uhm… Oops? Sort of ordered five books. One is a gift… and the others were on sale. Haha. I shouldn’t have, but they were all from my wish list. So what the heck. 😛 Also bought a small frame for a tiny print I have and two small glass jars for the spices I now have in opened bags (accident waiting to happen). Two magazines (one already out).

Northshore
    Participant

ATAD March 2013

Out: a couple open boxes of cookies that have been sitting on my shelf beyond their use by date. And a box of whole wheat pasta. I had two boxes and suffered through one but I don’t like it. Reminder to self: give it away before it gets too old.

gailbon

ATAD March 2013

A small out, but better than nothing: a hotel-sized bottle of lotion. I used it today, decided it made my skin feel dry, so out it went

mdfloyd

ATAD March 2013

Out: Two old nightgowns.
    In: Three pair pajamas.

sharonus

ATAD March 2013

@gailbon – I love being able to make decisions like that. Used it, hate it, out!

Astreja
    Participant

ATAD March 2013

Out: 2 expired over-the-counter medications.

In, if it fits me: Flannel nightgown from friend. (To go back to previous owner if it’s too small)

Katt

ATAD March 2013

That’s good news Prof. Clutter! Congratulations on that summer teaching job.

Barbs

ATAD March 2013

Congratulations Prof. Clutter! Less stuff more opportunity eh?

To Outbox:
    1 Old broken cellphone

clutterbug22

ATAD March 2013

We also did an in-out with a shredder yesterday! I think it must be ‘shredders beware’ at the moment!

ATAD March 2013

Planted a tomato stripling in the garden. Cleaned up empty bag of Miracle Grow planting mix.
    In the middle of transferring from old to not so old computers, I find I need a new cable (none of the 101 cables work, strangely enough). Ordered the new cable which will be here late next week.

Decluttered a sock whose mate was left in another city, apparently.

Astreja
    Participant

ATAD March 2013

(reads posts about shredder malfunctions, then looks askance at her own paper-macerating unit and runs a shredder lubrication sheet through the unit) My shredder has been duly Warned to take good care of itself. 🙂

Out: 1 torn T-shirt-style nightshirt. (The flannel one I got from friend yesterday fits very well, and is a keeper.)

ATAD March 2013

OUT:
    3 maps from the car
    4 decorative glass jars that have never decorated anything but the inside of a kitchen cabinet.

I’m on my 3rd shredder in 2 years. I didn’t know you could lubricate them… gotta look that up!

luxcat

ATAD March 2013

scanned pile of utility bills, paystubs, medical bills, etc and shredded original copies

went through dresser and boxed up a whole box of clothes I am setting aside for a month. if I still do not want them then, I will get rid of them. Made a list of needed replacement clothes that suit current climate/lifestyle/age group/size.

a few years ago I spent a good bit on a large office-size shredder (which I also use for working at home) and on my house calendar I have “lubricate the shredder” as a task. I buy 12 new sheets a year and run it through monthly. so far, so good.

gailbon

ATAD March 2013

Out: a concealer that I have been trying to like for over a month. I decided that I am not going to force myself to keep something, just because “I paid good money for it.”
    Out for donation: an old landline phone. We all use cell phones, and saw no need to waste money paying for a service we have outgrown.

Meglet

ATAD March 2013

Today made up for not sending anything out the last two days.

In:
    *Built the new DVD shelf for the living room

Out:
    *2 of the previous DVD shelves (there were 3) already loaded into the car
    *a stack of movies into the donation box
    *a handtowel that shouldn’t have moved with me (oops.)
    *a polo shirt I never wear
    *a spare sheet – I swear these multiply the way socks disappear
    *all the cardboard recycling from the shelf packaging and the recycle pile that’s been stacking up in the hall

Got all the donations into the car, hoping to make a trip to unload it all tomorrow.

ceduke

ATAD March 2013

Out yesterday and today:

Weight Watchers stuff I’m not ever going to look at again.
    Poured out two little bottles of booze we’ll never drink.
    Half a jar of too-sweet preserves.

At work – Threw out a bunch of cheesy decorations the previous manager had left up. I dunno why pet store needed baskets of flowers and huge silk butterflies all over the walls, but they’re gone now.

Katt

ATAD March 2013

Out: Two more boxes of books, a sweater, and three shirts. I may pack a third box, not sure if I want to wait on that til next week. Either way, more stuff is going.

In: Dress for wedding, pair of capris.

Finally bought boxes today so I can do some major book packing. Friend is coming on Monday to pick up books, am expecting another 12 boxes out. Also need to bag up items for trash, will lug them to the dumpster right before the trash gets emptied.

Oh yeah, and need to get all the recycling cardboard out the door. Thanks for the reminder Meglet!

sash

ATAD March 2013

@Meglet, This should be the beggining of Unclutterers: The Movie. A pile of orphan socks stealthily congregate in your linen closet until they reach a critical mass. Then, the socks disappear in an incredible flash of light! A bed sheet rests smugly in their place…

My outs for this truly lazy Sunday:
    – A lipstick that’s gone off (it was on sale, but they said that it shouldn’t have expired till 2014, its Body Shop and they’re pretty stringent about these things. I couldn’t find the receipt, so its been chucked!)
    – 4 pens, sacrificed to exams and exam prep
    – A lid from a Godiva chocolate box
    – Empty box of cotton buds (put buds in with other box)
    – Empty bag of cotton balls

Swede

ATAD March 2013

Out: 250 more duplicate digital photos, used up my lense solution, took out the recycling.

In: Bought new lense solution and nothing else. 🙂

glossta1

ATAD March 2013

I was just typing the question What is PITA, when I realised it for myself 😀

ATAD March 2013

OUT:
    2 large picture frames
    2 photo props
    8 books
    jigsaw
    bulky fancy degree cover thingie
    hose connector
    16 CDs (my remaining CD collection)
    many MANY folders, dividers, photo paper packs and so forth
    3 hats
    2 scarves

Meglet

ATAD March 2013

LOL Alice, isn’t that a glorious feeling to not trip over something anymore?

Out today:
    *paper towel holder
    *little magnetic stuffed bear

Meglet

ATAD March 2013

Unfortunate additional out:
    *Cracked the handle on my favorite spoon-shaped spatula while making dinner tonight. 🙁 Going to have to start hunting for a replacement ASAP, as I used it a LOT.

ceduke

ATAD March 2013

Out: Two dead plants from the balcony. Also $250 getting the car detailed and windshield cracks fixed. Worth it, but ow.

ATAD March 2013

Also OUT today: some old cards, dvd player (given to my odd job person), 5 gorgeous toy theatres (given to a theatre teacher).

Astreja
    Participant

ATAD March 2013

In: Paint and 28′ of baseboard.

Out: 4 pieces of junk wood, including some heavily painted fir door trim, sliced up into smaller pieces to fit in a garbage bag.

ceduke

ATAD March 2013

Also out today: One adorable top that is a HUGE pain to clean and dry…super high maintenance…and a pair of pants with a broken zipper that I’ve finally admitted I’m never ever going to fix.

ATAD March 2013

Out this weekend 3/1-3/3
    Stack of newspapers(feels good to post “stack” and not “carload”)
    1 bathrobe-too small(donation bag)
    1 pair of country ruffle curtains with ties/topper(donation bag)
    My pink pants—ugh, this one was hard because they fit so comfy but just not comfortable with the bright color. (trashed)hurry garbageman before I change my mind!

They have discontinued my favorite donation bags “super large brown lawn/leaf bags”. I can’t believe how this has put me in a “WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW!” state of mind. Need to find a replacement-quick. Garbage bags gets confused with my, well, garbage.

Sky

ATAD March 2013

did a quick scan of the pantry and tossed a stale box of cereal, expired soup and the empty boxes after I put the snacks in the appropriate bins.

chacha1

ATAD March 2013

During Saturday morning gardening fit and Sunday follow-up …

OUT:
    money tree, peace lily, and cymbidium that were past their prime (to the trash)
    white camouflage netting (for friend with sunny patio, picked up later)
    stack of additional patio-gardening implements (for friend)
    fishbowl formerly hosting rocks & money tree cutting. Rocks re-deployed, cutting trashed, fishbowl to Goodwill bag.
    brass hookah, to Goodwill bag. WWIT.

Prepped for out:
    repotted large dracaena and moved smaller one, will take both to friend’s house later this month

to trash – box for replacement humidifier and shipping box for new patio table

IN:
    assembled patio table, now supporting re-potted anthurium.

Of interest: My new table is a little wooden one from World Market in a turquoise painted finish. After setting it up yesterday (and comprehensively re-arranging the patio, something I seem to do every time I go out to sweep or groom) I realized I have a nice rhythm of turquoise accents progressing around the east/southeast perimeters of the patio. Funny how things like that happen sometimes, unconsciously.

cracrakay

ATAD March 2013

donated two big bag full of clothes!!! c(:

gailbon

ATAD March 2013

Out: 12 no longer used hair barrettes and a stack of papers to recycling. I swear this stuff pops up out of nowhere, and finds its way into my basement.

glossta1

ATAD March 2013

At work: had a good go at my desk area, much PEEPing. Now around half the wooden surface is clear again – it all feels much better. More planned for tomorrow.

Now I’m home, and starting a fresh session so I have a sense of progress here too.

chacha1

ATAD March 2013

This morning’s OUT: three books I re-read last year, and realized (just now) I really didn’t love enough to give them my real estate any longer. To the trade-in stack.

Katt

ATAD March 2013

Out: 13 boxes of books.
    Grand total: 28 boxes, more or less.

I’m kind of at the point where I either want to box up everything and get it out the door, or hang on to what’s left. Two more boxes of collectible stuff will go out this Sunday, and I’ll just keep whittling away at what’s left.

sash

ATAD March 2013

Out:
    Used up bottles of spray deodorant and facewash
    2 hair clips
    Various recyclables

Astreja
    Participant

ATAD March 2013

In: Picture-hanging brackets and screws.

Out: Bottle of iron tablets that my innards don’t tolerate all that well.

lottielot

ATAD March 2013

Stained kids tshirt out. Recycled at the tip a stack of cardboard boxes for expensive stuff I didn’t wish to advertise we have to everyone walking past.

lottielot

ATAD March 2013

Do you have Spatone over there, Astreja? I take tablets fine but the liquid stuff is supposed to be great for those who can’t.

ninakk

ATAD March 2013

I’ve committed to selling at a flea market once the weather gets warm.

To flea market pile:
    11 items
    To donation pile:
    1 item
    To problem waste pile (neighbourhood pickup will happen late Spring):
    1 camera
    To other sell pile:
    musical sheet stand (have decided to sell the flute this year)
    Trashed:
    5 items including 2 half-photographed rolls
    Shredded:
    calendar from 2000 containing photos of me as a kid

I actually had decided to have the one roll developed, “in case there are some nice photos on it”. Once I realised I don’t even know when I’ve taken the last paper photos before going to digital, I yelled internally at myself “What the heck are you doing??? Seriously??? Get a grip!”.

Get real, seriously. One more To Do, like I don’t have enough things to take care of already? It was rather satisfying to OPEN THE CAMERA WITH THE ROLL STILL UNDEVELOPED. *manic laughter* I finally did it, pushed the “Don’t push!” button.

ATAD March 2013

Good call on the film, Ninakk.

I had mentioned earlier that I had ordered a new wrist rest for my computer (the old one was falling apart) and a new camera tripod (my “traveling tripod” has a stuck leg.) Both arrived, are more than satisfactory, so the old wrist rest is in the trash and the old tripod is in the Goodwill bag (it’s stuck in an open position and may be useful to someone who needs one.)

Need to stop by the library today, so will drop off a load of magazines. They breed.

Barbs

ATAD March 2013

To Outbox:
    1 small wicker basket
    1 bracelet

ninakk

ATAD March 2013

Have a birthday that I need to send a card for shortly, so went through all the cards. 45 repurposed as note cards, a handful recycled. The funny part is that there are about ten times more where they came from… Sometimes counting is rather useful.

chacha1

ATAD March 2013

To the Goodwill bag: set of sheets that have been replaced by better ones.

Tasks decluttered: month’s worth of Constant Contact notices assembled and scheduled.

britannia

ATAD March 2013

OUT: 8 books to the community centre’s book sale

IN: a chocolate fudge cake.

ninakk

ATAD March 2013

To flea market pile:
    blouse thingy, 2 toiletry bags

luxcat

ATAD March 2013

out: deleted my entire Yahoo email contact list, because of spam issue. I printed it out and will input into my phone later. Password changed. What a pain!

Astreja
    Participant

Sundry ins and outs over the week that the forum was being updated. I’ve already shredded the envelope on which I had written some ATAD stuff, so this is from memory.

Trash: A few lumps of vintage food, several bags of wood scraps, and a busted purse.

Out & In: After temporarily using my spare purse , I decided it was too clunky and didn’t like it all that much, so I gave it to a friend and bought a canvas messenger bag that I had been coveting for a month or so. I now have the room to comfortably carry my daytimer and e-book reader again.

In: Some more trim and floor underlay for the kitchen.

Task uncluttered: Did my tax return and am nearly finished my mom’s return.

MichelleOhio

Out: 32 books, old 3 spot lamp that I’ve never liked or really used, 2 bags clothes, more socks, bag of stuffed animals, and some of my favorite sports team collection.

ninakk

Recycling: 3 tea balls, 1 rusty mini fork for serving, 1 friggin glass pitcher that somehow broke whilst in the cupboard, huge pile of paper (all sorted)
    Sell pile: 2 mini plates to use for what?, 2 tiles used as coasters

luxcat

out since our forum change-over:
    *3 watches (kept two others)
    * a lot of makeup and other lotions and potions
    *my entire scanning/personal filing pile. either trashed or scanned and filed.

Out- extra bag to the trash.
    2 chipped plates

Need to get my “spring cleaning” organized/started:o

hybrik

Not much in terms of physical stuff – shredded some old tax paper and one t-shirt “stored” in the box for my future t-shirt quilt.

And since this is a new forum, I’ve decide to start fresh with my account. My old account used my old internet alias, and even thought I’ve had changed my username, it was still linked with my old and compromised internet identity. It was the last account I had open under the old name. So, new forum, new account !

sash

New forum: Yay!
    Not able to post all my outs: Nay!

As I’m going on a month-long vacation (it seems that March and April are too much for me to handle), and I’ve just finished up the 12 exams, its only fitting that there was a deluge of uncluttering. Here’s what’s approximately left the house before I’m off:
    Shoes- 10 pairs
    Clothes- 2 suitcases (15 outfits of mine alone), as well as my cousin’s, to deserving students
    4 stuffed toys
    A large plastic box of beads and jewelry-making supplies
    A second bag of beads
    Shampoos: About 40 travel size shampoo bottles to the carwash pile
    Recycled: 7-8 bottles, multiple boxes, paper
    Stationary: Random pens and markers

I’ve also managed to organize lots of things- cleaned out drawers and dressers in an almost brutal way. Surprisingly there hasn’t been that much stuff, but some of it still makes me wonder what I was thinking. Even more shocking, my mom and sister have embraced the uncluttering, and have let go of many junky items, including pre-historic yarn and outdated shoes.

And it seems that I collect storage. Bags, boxes- if it can hold something, I will keep it. I think this is the next big cull.

hybrik

Out for today

– Old bluetooth headset. I wanted to sell it on eBay as I don’t use it much anymore, only to find out that the battery is almost dead and won’t hold a charge for more than 5min. And it doesn’t want to connect to any of our cell phone. Will drop it a the electronic recycling bin.
    – Wall/12V universal USB charger. Big and clunky, doesn’t stay in my 12V outlet in the truck, doesn’t fit in the 12V outlet in the car (behind the access trap for the ash tray), keeps falling from the wall outlet, and the USB plug is all loose and wiggly. A 35$ piece of s**t. Salvaged some connection to repair another broken 12V charger and will drop the rest at the recycling station.

Astreja
    Participant

In: Business card holders for my daytimer.

Out: Old picture hooks and drapery hardware from my study wall and window.

Out: 3 music CDs. Was looking through the stash for something to use in a class and these are really, really bad. Really bad. “Beatles for Babies” probably has driven an entire generation insane.

djk

In the past week, scarves, shoes, books, and so on. Don’t recall all!

luxcat

A big out this morning…. finally found someone to pick up the Entertainment Center Of Doom. If you may recall we wanted to sell it as it really was worth quite a bit, but the idea of dealing with the usual Craigslist drama was unsettling, so we decided to donate it…. I called no less than seven donation centers before I found someone willing to pick it up, then had to wait to get on their schedule…. but it’s GONE! Hooray!

clutterbug22

And what a cute avatar!

Barbs

Out:
    Took an old beatup suitcase to a local baggage store for $50 off a new suitcase
    In:
    A new suitcase + a few other travel related items.

sleepykitten

Congrats, @luxcat – that is a huge accomplishment! It is strange, isn’t it, how the value of something can shift – here you have a nice piece of furniture, and it is hard to find someone to take it for free! I’ve had similar things happen to me before, and it is odd.

luxcat

Oh my goodness, I’m chasing this thread around the forum… it keeps moving hee hee.

Another out today- a net bag. I used to use it for laundry, then to transport dry cleaning, but it really doesn’t work for that anymore and it keeps turning up in odd places, so out it goes into the donation box.

gailbon

I am so glad the forum is operating again! I have been wracking my brain, trying to remember what I got rid of this past week, but a serious case of CRS (Can’t Remember *Stuff*) has struck. I do recall getting rid of these tin outdoor candleholders that were rusty, and needed to be sanded and cleaned. I was NOT going to sand and clean them, so away they went.

Astreja
    Participant

Task uncluttered: Phoned the Canada Revenue Agency for info, and put in the last couple of numbers for my mom’s tax return. Next we have to verify that CRA has her updated mailing address, and once that’s done we can file the return.

Meglet

Hmmm, lots of ins/outs over the past couple weeks.

Out:
    *finally made the last, BIG drop-off at the donation center
    *dropped off a large rug and a box of random stuff for my mom
    *a couple shirts onto the new donation pile
    *old dishdrainer out
    *some random spare cables from the scary “post-move” miscellaneous box
    *stool that was being used as a nightstand

In:
    *new dishdrainer that fits better
    *new patio chairs, patio table, and cute patio lights (yay I have a patio now!)
    *new nightstand
    *new machine-washable blanket to keep the cat fur off the comforter, because it’s REALLY hard to get cat fur off flannel and I’m tired of stuffing and unstuffing that darn duvet cover.

Astreja
    Participant

In: A new fleece jacket, with the logo of the local symphony on it.

Out, as soon as it’s washed: My old fleece jacket, which is too big for me.

Trash: Some vintage food (Meatloaf, cream, cream cheese, margarine and an unopened box of graham cracker crumbs that expired last June — Given to me by a friend who’s trying to avoid wheat, and neither of us noticed the expiry date when she passed them along). In retrospect, I could’ve pieced together all that outgoing food and made one heck of a hamburger and onion cheesecake, but even my cats have their limits. 😉

Task uncluttered: Finished gathering information for my mom’s tax return and got it filed. I’m a lot further ahead on the returns than I was this time last year, and want to have them all sent in before April rolls around.

Ingrid

Ouch. Yes, that sounds really really horrible 🙂

glossta1

Out from my work desk yesterday: lots of paper. Chopped off the useful scrap paper to keep by my pen tray to jot notes for students (I’m a teacher) and the rest went into recycling. Lots of textbooks PEEPed. My desk is now fully straight. Still to tackle: the desk drawer. Also the computer table adjacent to my desk on which many useful files sit, but also (I suspect) many that are not relevant for my current class-mix. Tackling that is a job I plan to leave for the Easter holidays.

In: a pen-on-a-chain stuck to the wall by my computer so that there’s always one to fall back on when students have run off with all the others.

sleepykitten

Hi, Meglet! Good to see you!!!

clutterbug22

Is that your cat on the avatar?

clutterbug22

I was going to say, she does look a trifle miffed, lol! I shall have to have a look, my son thinks grumpy cats are hysterical!

Astreja
    Participant

Won as a door prize: 2 alto sax reeds (very useful, as I’m starting to learn alto sax) and a piece of St. Patrick’s day kitsch: A giant green whistle on a green necklace reminiscent of Mardi Gras beads. My mom has temporary custody of the green thing, which she thinks is cute. Perhaps I can “disappear” it the day after tomorrow, once the 17th has come and gone.

Out: 4 old software disks.

Barbs

to Outbox:
    2 icecube trays
    2 travel toothbrush holders

Astreja
    Participant

Out: Alarm clock with buttons that suddenly stopped working; several pieces of old wood trim from the kitchen.

In: Replacement alarm clock.

hybrik

Out : 3 t-shirt to the rag bag

gailbon

I forgot to post another “out” during the Great Forum Blackout: upgraded cable TV. We don’t really watch too much TV, other than the news and football. I guess it counts towards “uncluttering” some of our cable bill.

Sasjanep

Outs for this weekend:

Into donation bag:
    A4 sized pouch.

Into Fabric recycling bag:
    Gym top

Also cleaned out the fridge (and behind it, although the less said about that the better!)
    Tail ends of expired condiments. Jars into the recycling.

ElbowRoom

Bookmarked ATAD and here I am: Out:Two tops and old calendars from which I gathered info I had jotted, into phone book etc.

hybrik

Out:

22 books from 3 different ongoing series I won’t read anymore. I found them increasingly repetitive and boring, and felt a little bit cheated when I found out that even thought the series are published under the name of a very famous author, he don’t actually write them. They will go to a family friend who also like this genre and requested them.

Barbs

Out to the thriftshop:
    Some old wallpaper – leftover from a long time ago wallpapering project.

gailbon

Out: contents from an old, broken file cabinet. The cabinet will be gone by the end of the week, too.

Astreja
    Participant

– Uncluttered a Whole Bunch of Snow, no thanks to a late-season blizzard. I sense that a glass of wine and a nice hot bath are in my *ouch* future.

– Currently shredding my way through a bag of my mom’s old paperwork.

– Started up a fresh giveaway bag with some clothes that my mom is uncluttering.

ElbowRoom

Out an old shirt with cartoon graphics I used to love to wear and kept only for memories . Bye,bye Went to donation pile

Barbs

To the Outbox:
    1 pink chiffon scarf

The fact that I have never worn it makes me suspect I never will

Astreja
    Participant

Tossed a nearly empty bag of icing sugar, vintage unknown, and half a bag of chocolate chips that have been sitting around for a few months now.

Also downsized my collection of duplicate kitchen paper & packaging by using up the smaller of 2 rolls of parchment paper. (Still have 2 boxes of wax paper and 2 boxes of cling wrap, but I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.)

ElbowRoom

Out:2 laptop electrical battery thingies, left overs whatits to recycling center.

herisff

Sold to a co-worker – my old PC laptop running Windows XP (I’m a Mac girl now). She wanted it to run her wind turbine software which requires a Windows computer. She and her husband are thrilled, and I’m glad to declutter the thing!

Astreja
    Participant

In: Tube of dark eye circle concealer.

Task uncluttered: Now editing the last few digital photos to be sent to a cousin. Hoping to get all those old prints, plus digital versions, off my desk this week.

ElbowRoom

Out: fabric. This was a failed drapery project I could not allow myself to acknowledge I would never finish and there was the nagging guilt over was the sunk cost. Realizing I was curtain delusional I took the fabric roll to recycling. Unfinished projects clutter yor mind. Will look for more (like the one sock knit and the other in yarn form.)

Barbs

To Outbox:
    1 pair of ankle boots – they don’t really fit. so out they go.

ElbowRoom

Out: Paper- working thru a file box of old family medical etc info, culled thru. Discarded and shredded. A15 minute unclutter.

Barbs

Recycled some paper.

glossta1

Out: a niger-seed bird-feeder that spilled seed everywhere.
    In: a new solid-walled type, that makes much less mess. Let’s hope the goldfinches reward me by visiting.

Organised: all bird feeding stuff is on the back windowsill in need storage boxes handy for the back door. Poster of likely birds and their feeding requirements nearby on cupboard end. Old over-stuffed cupboard now tidy, with one shelf for the box of hot water bottles and pest-control stuff, and the other for pet-care supplies for the rabbits and the cat.

Job done. Very pleased.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.