Home Forums Challenges ATAD 2017

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of StillPJ StillPJ 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of StillPJ
    StillPJ
    Participant

Quote from a similar thread I started in January 2016

ATAD 2016

Former regular Unclutterer forum participant here. Used to be known as PJ, but because of the forum program/design changeover a while back, my account was lost. So I’m calling myself StillPJ and I’m going to try to get back on track with my decluttering efforts.

If you’re a new reader, then you’ll need to know how this works … operating on the theory that the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time, ATAD means “A Thing A Day.” If your home or your office is cluttered, and you want to see that change, but the task seems too daunting, take heart – just take care of ATAD! And before you know it, your home will be a place of peace and calm. Or at least legitimately a work in progress.

I only kept up that thread for a couple of weeks before “life” intervened. My dad was ill and ended up hospitalized, then he died in early February 2016. That led to a lot of family busyness for a while. There has been some uncluttering going on since then, just without returning to the forums. I’d like to ramp up my efforts though, so here I am again!

To kick things off, I’m going to go do a 27 fling boogie, a la Flylady style, and then report back:

27 fling boogie

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of StillPJ StillPJ.
    Profile photo of StillPJ
    StillPJ
    Participant

Ok, quick update:

Not sure that I quite hit 27 things, but this time around I focused on items for the garbage/recycling. Won’t list them all, but a few examples:

Paper gathered from various spots around the house – each cluster of paper cleared counting as 1 item
    Clothing tags (from recent thrift store purchases) that had been left sitting on the dresser when clothing went into the wash
    Empty lotion bottle – last little bit emptied out onto my hands!
    Tiny metal dog figurine that broke off a keychain – not repairable
    Purse (originally bought at thrift store, used on and off for 2 years) whose patent leather style handle did not hold up well under more recent daily use
    Packaging from Christmas chocolate just finished up last night
    Leftover rabbit treats, used to catch some abandoned domestic rabbits last summer (rabbits were taken in by a rescue group and re-homed – they didn’t want these “junk food” type rabbit treats!)

Profile photo of StillPJ
    StillPJ
    Participant

It’s been a few days since I posted, so I am playing catch-up!

6 books sorted out from a pile on the end table. 5 in the donation or sell pile, 1 to return to my mother!

Oh, I have so many books. And spend so little time reading 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.