Home Forums Living Spaces Your Home Office Anyone else do bookcrossing?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  nws2002 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

badkitti

http://www.bookcrossing.com/

When I moved I unpacked some book lates for this – so a few of the books destined for the second hand shop are going to be released into the wild tomorrow. Hope they find a good few homes on their journey.

HappyDogs

Anyone else do bookcrossing?

I was thinking of doing this with some of my books! Although here at work, folks just leave them in the break room, and they usually get adopted pretty fast. Oprah-approved books go especially fast. My beloved sci-fi, not so much, so those might get stickered and released.

Did you make the stickers? How are you id’ing them?

bandicoot

i love this idea!
    we’ve been practicing it…unofficially…while on holidays in thailand and bali.
    we often pick up a book in a cafe or small hotel…and leave another in it’s place.
    it seems to be the traveller’s way.
    nobody wants to be carrying too many books in a bag when they are on the move.

i’ll sign up for bookcrossing when i get home and thank you for the link!

Claycat

This is a great idea!

badkitti

I bought book stickers from the website hapydogs and then I get a book I’d number with everyone I’d register – however you could do the same with a post-it

Gypsie

I want to play! and I’m going to convince some friends to do the same. How fun!

nws2002

I love bookcrossing.com, it is so much fun to see where your books end up.

I’m a flight attendant who loves to read. I will often grab a paperback in the airport bookstore, read it overnight, and then leave it in the crew room for other employees or at a gate for passengers.

I keep a few of the bookplates and a few of the post its notes from the bookcrossing website in my bag. Easy enough to do quickly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.