Warm Soup Recipes For Winter
As the weather begins to worsen, the temperature drops, days get wetter and nights get longer, we all need a little more warmth and comfort every day. Making delicious homemade soup is one of the best ways to bring a little extra joy and a whole lot of warmth to your soul during the colder months. So, today we’re going to go over 7 easy soups to warm your soul this winter and how to get that perfect soup consistency every time.
The Right Tools For The Job
The consistency can easily make or break your homemade soup and to get it just right you’ll need to use one of two methods. The first and more traditional method requires an immersion blender to blitz your soup into the perfect consistency. However, if you’re a soup aficionado then perhaps a soup maker might be a more apt choice. There are merits to both methods and either will help to guarantee you make the perfect soup this winter (and every other time). But let’s just go over a couple of the key features of each device so you know which one will suit you best.
- Immersion Blenders – In most homes, you can expect to find an immersion blender or a similar device. This type of blender is perfect for making any kind of soup no matter if it’s smooth and creamy or thick and chunky. After making soup in your pot, simply pulse the blender a few times to achieve a balance between chunky and smooth soup. Alternatively, blend continuously around the pot for a super smooth soup which will be guaranteed to go down a treat.
- Soup Maker – A soup maker is perfect for anyone who loves to make soup regularly but doesn’t always have the time. This device makes it quick and simple to make the tastiest soups with minimal effort. Simply place the ingredients and seasonings into your soup maker then choose the specified setting to achieve your preferred consistency and let it do its thing. Making homemade soup has never been easier!
7 Winter Soups
Narrowing down an enormous list to just 7 soups has been a real challenge but we’re sure you’ll love all of these. While some are easier than others, we guarantee that every single one is worth the effort and will add warmth and comfort on otherwise cold and dark days. Some are chunky and others smooth, some are spicy while others aren’t – no matter what your tastes are, we’re sure you’re going to enjoy these.
- Roasted Butternut Squash – A personal favorite that provides the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors, combined in one colorful dish. The rich flavors of roasted garlic, onions, and squash mix perfectly with smoky flavors from pancetta (or smoked bacon) and sweetness from the honey. When blended smoothly with chicken stock and cream, this makes a bright yellow-orange bowl of hearty goodness.
- Roasted Red Pepper And Smoked Paprika – This super easy and delicious soup only requires some basic ingredients and is completely veggie (or vegan if you use vegan stock). Simply blend roasted peppers, sweet potatoes, garlic, and onion with coconut milk, stock, and seasoning and you have a simple yet tasty winter soup which is guaranteed to please.
- Minestrone Soup – This classic, family favorite soup guarantees a room full of smiling faces and full bellies. What’s great about minestrone soup is that you can easily replace the basic veg and beans with anything you have lying around.
- Seafood Soup – A tasty seafood soup promises hearty fishy flavor which is packed full of essential nutrients. After cooking celery, leek, fennel, and garlic in a pot, combine with water, white wine, tomatoes, and white fish. When the fish is opaque, add your preferred shellfish (mussels, clams, or prawns) and simmer for a few minutes. It’s that simple – a one-pot wonder to feed the family and warm the soul.
- Creamy Mushroom Soup – This wholesome soup offers rich, earthy flavors rounded off with a creamy sweetness. While most soups can be either blended or left as they are, this is one you’ll want to blend fully until smooth to enjoy the rich, hearty flavors equally.
- Leek And Potato – This nutritious soup is perfect either chunky or blended until smooth. Simply boil potatoes in vegetable stock, add cooked leeks, carrots, garlic, and onions, and season with salt and black pepper. Serve as it is or liquidize with your immersion blender.
- Chunky Winter Broth – For the ultimate winter soup you’re going to need chunky seasonal veg, rich stock, and your preferred meat (we’d opt for lamb or beef mince, or if you want a veggie or vegan dish, add a plant-based alternative). These rich flavors in a chunky winter soup provide the ultimate warmth and comfort even on the coldest winter days.
Now you know our go-to recipes for soups which guarantee to warm your soul this winter. Don’t forget to serve them with some toasted or fresh bread and butter for a quintessential winter meal which promises to please the whole family.