- Walk straight to your washing machine.
- Take dirty clothes out of suitcase, put them into the washing machine, and start the laundry.
- Put clothes that need to go to the dry cleaners into designated dry cleaning bag.
- Carry suitcase to closet and put away shoes, belts, and other items that didn’t need to be washed but belong in closet.
- Repeat step #4, but with items that belong in the bathroom.
- Look at self in mirror and give yourself a thumb’s up for being unpacked only five minutes after returning home.
- Put suitcase away in closet.
Okay, I’ll admit, this list is a little silly. I think the point of the post is clear, though: Unpack your suitcase immediately after you return from a trip so that it won’t sit around cluttering up your space.
This post has been updated since its original publication in 2008.