- Reclaim your junk drawer: Five steps to get it organized
Junk drawers can be the one of the most useful storage areas in your home. Here are five steps to help you get it organized.
- Ask Unclutterer: Parting with a cherished item that has been broken
Reader Lirpa wants to know how she can part with an item she used and loved for a long time, and is now grieving over it being broken.
- Unitasker Wednesday: The Nuvo Ritmo Pregnancy Sound System
The stuff being marketed to first-time pregnant women and parents is about 1/4 necessary, 1/4 might-be useful to some people, and 1/2 scams and clutter. As proof of the scams and clutter category, I present the Nuvo Ritmo Pregnancy Sound System.
- Doing more with less: Dogme 95 and self-imposed limitations
The Dogme 95 movement shows us how self-imposed limitations can help us focus on what’s really important in our work.
- Ask Unclutterer: Processing the possessions of someone who has passed
Unfortunately, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all response for how to handle the possessions of someone who has passed away. That is why I almost always recommend contacting a professional organizer who specializes in exactly these types of cases.