We’re pretty late to the game on this one, but on the slim chance you haven’t seen it — check out Atomic Tom performing their song “Take Me Out” on a New York Subway car:
The band’s “stolen instruments” claim is just a concept for the video — their instruments weren’t actually stolen. However, what they show is that a band can produce decent music simply using iPhone apps. (The video was even shot using three iPhone 4s.)
To create your own iPhone band, all you’ll need is $11, some practice, and the following apps:
- Tobias is playing Drum Meister ($1.99)
- Eric is using iShred Guitar for iPhone ($4.99)
- Philip is on Bassist by MooCowMusic ($2.99)
- Then, Luke starts off the video playing Virtuoso Piano Free (Free)
- Unfortunately, I can’t find any documentation or get a good enough look at the exact microphone app Luke used in the video, but Microphone Pro ($.99) or VonBruno Microphone ($.99) seem qualified to do the job.