If you’re looking for an uncluttering project for this weekend, consider organizing your newspapers and magazines.
- Gather together all of your newspapers and magazines and set them on a flat work surface.
- Toss into the recycling bin all of your newspapers that are more than a day old.
- Recycle immediately any magazine that you know you will never get around to reading.
- If you have read and flagged articles in any of your magazines, cut them out of the publication and scan them so that you have a digital copy. Then, recycle the originals and the magazine.
- Any magazine you haven’t read that you still want to read, write June 29, 2008, on the cover of the magazine with a magic marker. In a month, if you still haven’t read it, recycle it on the spot.
- Put the magazines you intend to read in a location where you’ll see them and read them. Then, as time permits, pick them up and enjoy the publications.
- Finally, take your paper recycling to your local recycling center or to the curb if you are fortunate to have curb-side pickup.
If your newspapers and magazines are already in order, check out our list of other weekend project ideas.