Inherited clutter can be described as objects that legally come into your possession or responsibility after the loss of a loved one or when a family member is transitioned into a retirement community or nursing home. Addressing these objects can be difficult and highly emotional. Provided is a small resource list of printed materials and an organization that may be of benefit to you:
- Moving On: A Practical Guide to Downsizing the Family Home by Linda Hetzer and Janet Hulstrand
- Family Realities: Helping Aging Parents, Closing the Family Home, Dividing Family Possessions, Putting Affairs in Order by Lucy F. Wold and Ann F. Andersen
- Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate? by M. Stum
- Moving for Seniors: A Step-by-Step Workbook by Barbara H. Morris
- Locate a professional through the National Association of Senior Move Managers
Feel welcome to provide additional resources in the comments.