The Mother Jones website just put up an interesting list of facts on organization. Most of them reinforce our core mission here at Unclutterer:
- Since the 1970s, the average U.S. home has grown by 80%. Yet Americans face a “storage crisis,” according to UCLA researchers.
- The self-storage industry is only 35 years old. It took 25 years for the first billion square feet of storage space to be built. The second billion square feet was built in just 8 years.
- 7 square feet of commercial storage space now exists for every American.
There are a few, however, that we just refuse to believe, despite any evidence provided:
- 1 in 3 IKEA customers say they get more satisfaction from cleaning out their closets than from having sex.
- Men who don’t organize their sock drawer have sex 3 times more a month than men who do.