If you are looking for new computer speakers you may want to check out the iHome iH70 speakers. They also act as a dock for your iPod and syncs to iTunes. From iHome:
The iH70 charges, plays and syncs your iPod with iTunes while it’s docked securely into the base of the computer speakers.
Comes complete with a computer port, sync switch, volume controls and a headphone jack for private listening.
With the dock built into these speakers you can remove the iPod dock (does anyone ever use the actual dock) or wire from your desk. Less wires and multifunctional products are always a plus.
These speakers aren’t available until July, but you can pre-order them through iHome’s site.
Reader Bridget graciously sent us the following links to online articles discussing ways to unclutter your iTunes and digital music libraries:
- “‘Music Only’ for your iTunes Playlists” from 43 Folders
- “Revenge of the Smart Playlist: 5 tricks for packrats & power users” from 43 Folders
- “6 Tips for Organizing Your Music Files” from Ezine @rticles
- “iTunes/iPod Tips & Tricks” from Almost, Not Yet
- “Building Your Digital Music Library” from Almost, Not Yet
- “TUAW Resolutions: Organize iTunes” from The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- “iTunes Smart Playlists” from Andy Budd’s Blogography
If you know of other great articles on this topic, please leave a link or information on how to track down the article in the comments’ section. We are always looking to share ways to organize digital music collections.