Home Forums Forum Administration Questions VHS Tapes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clutterbrain Clutterbrain 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Clutterbrain
    Clutterbrain

Hi everyone. I’m so glad to find a place to share about uncluttering and organizing. I’ve been trying to do it for years.
    I have a couple of boxes of used VHS tapes that I’d like to find a place to recyle them or donate them, maybe for repurposing. I’d appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Profile photo of Periwinkle
    Periwinkle

VHS Tapes

Personally, I’d give them to a charity shop, but at the one where I used to volunteer, we hardly sold any of them. You could try something like freecycle but unless anyone has any bright ideas, I expect the best you’ll be able to do is just get rid of them.

Profile photo of xarcady
    xarcady

VHS Tapes

Are these commercial tapes with movies on them, or tapes you recorded on yourself?

There’s a company called Green Disk that recycles all sorts of media: http://www.greendisk.com.

You could offer them on Ebay or Freecycle.

If they are commercial tapes, you could donate them to Goodwill or the like.

If you are crafty, google VHS yarn and learn how to knit or crochet with the tape.

Profile photo of Clutterbrain
    Clutterbrain

VHS Tapes

They are shows I recorded…thanks for the suggestions and link. I will check it out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.