Home Forums Forum Administration Questions Organizing a Garage

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of djk djk 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    emills

I have finally cleaned up and organized my garage (although I think we need to do a second pass to eliminate some of the stored items.) Anyway, I wanted to put up signs in the garage that would help up to easily store and find our newly organized garage… something like you might find in a hardware store or Home Depot.

I have been looking online and have not found anything. I was looking for signs that would have printed on them Gardening, Lawn Equipment and Chemicals, Paint, Electrical, Plumbing, Tools, Seasonal, etc.

Any ideas on what I might do or where I might find something like that??

Thanks

Gypsie

Organizing a Garage

Why not make your own? You can use cute graphics or a funky font and have them laminated!

nws2002

Organizing a Garage

You might try an Ace Hardware store. They are usually locally or regionally owned and they may be willing to order some signs from their store supplies category.

nellieb

Organizing a Garage

There are also banner/sign companies that could make up the specific signs you want. I don’t know how much they cost. I also agree that you can print your own and have them laminated at an office supply store. Use as heavy stock paper as your printer will permit and then laminate.

Aunt Cloud

Organizing a Garage

Do they make label makers that can print out extra-large labels?

<my house warming gift to myself: label maker>

loripax

Organizing a Garage

You could also print your own and slip them into sheet protectors. Cheaper than laminating, and easily changeable if you change your mind about what you want the signs to say later.

emills

Organizing a Garage

all great suggestions. please keep them coming and thanks

chacha1

Organizing a Garage

I 3> Lori’s suggestion. Cheap, easy, changeable. EricM, could you come over and help DH unclutter our home office??

CleanInTexas

Organizing a Garage

If you choose to print your own signs, you can purchase plastic sheets made to fun through your color printer. I’ve used white 8-1/2 x 11 sheets to print signs directy on the plastic/vinyl sheets. I believe Avery makes them and you can get them at Office Depot. No need to laminate.

Rosa

Organizing a Garage

I use pieces of cardboard (we always have some, the recycling is only picked up every other week) marked with Sharpies and put up with thumb tacks, or for things you can’t thumbtack, an index card covered with packing tape for quick & dirty lamination.

The Sharpies don’t run when they get wet, and the signs are quick n dirty enough that if we need to change/replace them, we just do it – no regrets, no trying to match, etc.

Electrical tape on the floor is nice for defining areas, too – if the rakes/shovels are outside the green tape line, someone didn’t put them away right.

djk

Organizing a Garage

ooh! Rosa! great idea about electrical tape on the floor.

Don’t have a garage, but if I did, I would adopt that idea right pronto

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.