Home Forums Uncluttering and Organizing in the Media Hoarders on AE — Season 1 Hoarders Season 2 starts Nov 30!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of theflightchick theflightchick 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of zchristy
    zchristy

I look forward to the next season – I was fascinated by the first one. I am a pretty organized person, but something about those people’s stories was incredible to watch.

Profile photo of citygirl
    citygirl

Hoarders Season 2 starts Nov 30!

I agree! I was so excited that a new season has been produced. Not only are the stories incredibly touching but interesting, as well.

I often find myself hearing the people say things that I have said to myself about their clutter! I am not a hoarder, thankfully, but definitely love my “stuff” and can relate when the folks on the show are painfully giving up their posessions. I am very grateful to not be in their shoes and when I see myself in a lot of what they say and do I realize what a thin line it is between “collector” and “hoarder.”

I can’t wait to see more episodes.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Although I enjoy watching the show, I really hope they devote more screen time to detailing actual medical treatment for hoarding that can be provided by psychiatric professionals.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. As unbelievable as these stories look, I can identify with certain things. There was one with a woman who liked to buy gifts for everyone and it totally got out of control. I have a closet full of things that I keep in case I need to have a gift at the ready. While I am by no means a hoarder, I “get” it. Also, kudos to the therapists for being advocates of not making these people feel like dirt. The mental illness part of hoarding is really hard to connect as an addiction, but it’s the same as an alchohlic who just can’t stop drinking.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.