Home Forums Challenges CHALLENGE – 2014 IN 2014

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ArJa ArJa 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Marina
    Marina

Posting here because it seems to be impossible to post on the “Challenge” section!
    This year i’m gonna try to declutter 2014 itens. Anyone can join and it would be a great ideia if we were to get back here and say how we’re doing.

My current count: 21/2014.

Oh, and please forgive my mistakes; my english is very rusty as i haven’t practiced for a long time and i’m brazilian (we speak portuguese here).

Profile photo of ottawa
    ottawa

I am tempted to join you but I don’t think I have 2,014 things left to get rid of. I did my massive unclutter exercise a little over a year ago. Admittedly, I still have things to do. I’m keeping track of them on the monthly ATAD (A Thing A Day) posts.

Profile photo of Marina
    Marina

ottawa;n106315 wrote: I am tempted to join you but I don’t think I have 2,014 things left to get rid of. I did my massive unclutter exercise a little over a year ago. Admittedly, I still have things to do. I’m keeping track of them on the monthly ATAD (A Thing A Day) posts.

Oh!, so that’s what ATAD stands for! Lol….
    I’ve done some serious decluttering here myself and must have downsized to 40% of what i originally had. I’m aiming to challenge myself with the 2014 in 2014 and decluttermy “fantasy self” wich means admitting i’m not really that into wine (so don’t need the 3 huge books about wine that are just sitting on a shelf), that i’ll never ever make clay pots, that i’m not a size 4 anymore (who am i kidding?).

Profile photo of Marina
    Marina

I’ve been doing great: 83/2014. To declutter 2014 one has to get rid of 6 itens a day.

Profile photo of ottawa
    ottawa

Yesterday was the end of the third month, one-quarter of the year, so we should have gotten rid of about 502 items by now, one-quarter of 2014. I got rid of 81 things (I know, I know, that’s what you had by mid-January. How are you doing?

Profile photo of ArJa
    ArJa

Just noticed this thread in the updates. Only the other day, it seemed that it would be impossible to get rid of enough stuff to move economically (and depressing to think of all the work that would be needed), but then the charity truck came and cleared out a quarter of the garage. I don’t know if I will make 2014 items but it should serve as an inspiring challenge. So far this year: 256 items (both large and verrry small.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.