- Finding solutions to disorder by identifying the causes of disorder
Sometimes the solution for solving a clutter problem is simply identifying the cause of the problem. It sounds obvious, but you may be surprised by how often the cause of the problem isn’t considered when looking for a solution.
- Unitasker Wednesday: Square Pie Iron
Everyone makes pies while camping. Pies and camping are a perfect pair, and the Square Pie Iron makes it possible.
- Ask Unclutterer: Gift bag storage
Reader J is having difficulty storing gift wrap and is looking for a way to deal with unruly gift bags and boxes.
- ‘Self-control is an exhaustible resource’
“Psychologists have discovered that self-control is an exhaustible resource. And I don’t mean self-control only in the sense of turning down cookies or alcohol, I mean a broader sense of self-supervision—any time you’re paying close attention to your actions, like when you’re having a tough conversation or trying to stay focused on a paper you’re writing.”
- Unitasker Wednesday: The Pressto! tofu water extractor
This was a first, this week’s unitasker had to be explained to me because I couldn’t even figure out what it was.
- Once again, write in books that aren’t yours
Avery now makes clear sticky notes. Let there be dancing in the streets!
- Illuminate your clutter hiding spaces
Clutter has a way of accumulating in poorly-lit spaces. If you can’t see it, you forget it’s there, and it’s easier to mindlessly add to the disorder.
- Review: NeatDesk and NeatWorks for Mac
To my surprise, however, I liked the NeatDesk for Mac. Specifically, I really liked the NeatWorks software.
- Resources for designing a custom tool cabinet
To get a perfectly organized tool chest, you might want to consider going the custom route.
- Unitasker Wednesday: Rochambeau
This week’s Unitasker Wednesday is a plastic version of the Rock, Paper, Scissors game.
- Creating a multi-tasking wedding registry for your kitchen
Let Alton Brown help you discover which kitchen items are multi-tasking goodness for your wedding registry.