Spring is a great time to work in your yard before the temperatures get really hot. If you’re looking to create an uncluttered garden this year, here are some perennials that are easy to care for and very low maintenance (via About.com):
- Armeria (Sea Thrift)
- Chelone lyonii (Turtlehead — pictured)
- Echinops ritro (Globe Thistle)
- Iris siberica (Siberian Iris)
- Liatris spicata (Blazing Star)
- Paeonia (Peony)
- Perovskia atriplicifolia (Russian Sage)
- Thalictrum aquilegifolium (Meadow Rue)
- Tiarella cordifolia (Allegheny Foam flower)
Now, if you are an experienced gardener, you may like to plant flowers that require more care. My black thumb, however, is a bit of an impediment to a more time-consuming flower garden.
Do you know of other, low-maintenance perennial flowers? Please let us know about them in the comments.